Activities in De Rust
Stroll around our beautiful established garden filled with abundant bird life, soak up the sun around our swimming pool or relax in our library.
Drive the circle route visiting the local wine, ostrich, olive and game farms as well as the Cango Caves. Go over the Swartberg Pass to the beautiful Karoo town of Prince Albert and returning back through the magnificent Meiringspoort.
For the more energetic, there are numerous charted hiking, motorbike and horse riding trails or swim under the Meiringspoort waterfall.
Take a leisurely walk in our beautiful village exploring the historical buildings and sites whilst enjoying local cuisine and products at various gift shops and restaurants. Treat yourself to a candle light dinner in the historical House Martin dining room
DID YOU KNOW THAT WE ARE A 90KM'S SCENIC DRIVE FROM THE BEACH?
Other activities include:
- De Rust Valentines Dance - February
- KKNK (Klein Karoo Nasionale Kunstefees) - March/April
- Meiringspoort MTB & Trail run - May
- Trans Baviaans cycle race - August
- Meiringspoort Eco Festival - September
- Karoo to Coast cycle race - September
- Meiringspoort Half Marathon - October
- De Rust Farmers market - last Saturday of every month